Tomorrow

I caught a glimpse of tomorrow,

A sight of world I have never known.

I saw myself, dancing to the music I faced, 

Feeling at ease, taking my steps with a confident tale.

I saw tomorrow, a place golden and bright,

With my laughter knowing no bounds.

And my tears streaming with joy.




I was in tomorrow,

A place filled with happiness and glee,

Where my worries were strangers to me,

And my insecurities were in a jail of their own.

In tomorrow, I didn't care for what cares not,

And laughed at what weighs me down here.


My journey to tomorrow,

Was a battle within my heart and soul,

A rebuttal from my mind against the shackles its told,

And my heart's wish of blazing alive and afloat.

A fight with a devil I know,

But resides within me, deeper and below.


The trip to tomorrow,

Was not on buses along tolling roads,

But of a victory won in my soul.

It was a conquest on my own.

To live free, boundless and joyous, by my own will.

I caught a glimpse of tomorrow, you should know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship